Toffee Apple Cinnamon Streusel
- For the Bread
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature, whisked heavily
- 1 cup milk - 2% is usually the best, or whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- For the streusel:
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 6 tablespoons of butter melted
- 2 Apples, cubed ( I used Fiji Apples)
- ½ Cup Toffee to add in
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease your Dutch Oven DoveWare. Set aside.
To make Streusel:
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
2) Add the melted butter and mix with a fork until the mixture is moistened and the crumbs form. Set aside.
To make the bread:
1) Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit
2) In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
3) Beat the three eggs profusely. Add in the vanilla extract, milk and Greek yogurt.
4) Cube your apples.
5) Slowly beat in the flour mixture. Do not over mix.
6) Add in your cubed apples and toffee.
7) Sprinkle the streusel mixture on top of the bread. If the crumbs aren't staying, you can gently press down with your hands.
8) Bake the bread for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9) Place the bread outside to cool for around 5-10 minutes.
10) Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream!
Store the bread at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days or refrigerate for up to 1 week.